User - Made CreationsLog in

Silverwren's Projects

descriptionIn ProgressSilverwren's Projects

more_horiz
Hello everyone. I came up with an idea that I thought would be fun to do and share progress on. Zoo Tycoon 2 remains one of my favorite games and I know that many others still enjoy it as well. As such, I believe that the forum should have a mascot to represent the site in the game. A decision was made that the animal of choice should be a parrot, and so it is this parrot I will be working on and showing progress on. There will be aspects to the parrot that have not been decided on yet, such as a name and what should be featured in the Zoopedia but that can come later.

So here we go! I chose to start with the Spix's Macaw from ZTABC Teams Aves expansion pack. The macaw's model is my base but I have made a few small edits to the model.

Here is the edited model:

I may make more model edits. If I do, I think I'll make the wings wider, but this is a start.
For the skin of the parrot, I intend to make it blue and gray to match the forum.

I hope to have regular updates to show you guys, but for now, enjoy the brief preview and perhaps be thinking of a name! But don't share name ideas just yet.

descriptionIn ProgressRe: Silverwren's Projects

more_horiz
I have a small update for the parrot! I am working on creating a skin and texturing it. These will definitely not be the final colors as they'll be grays and blues but I wanted to show some progress.

While I am at this step, I am open to hearing just a bit from others. My main question is this: Do I need to make the eye smaller or does it look okay?

more_horiz
Maybe the eyes could be a little smaller.

more_horiz
Alright so here is a slightly updated skin with smaller eyes. Does this look better or is the eye too small now?

more_horiz
The eyes look better.

more_horiz
The re-coloring process has begun!

more_horiz
It is looking good.

more_horiz
Time for another update! I've begun work on the alpha channel and am rather pleased with it. I might make some minor tweaks here and there to try reducing some of the jaggedness and pixelated appearance. So we are now another step closer to coding work and in-game testing, so soon I'll be needing some input on a name and Zoopedia information!

more_horiz
Time for another update! The skins of the birds are complete. I have decided to make it sexually dimorphic, so the males have the deep blue coloration while females still have blue but it is much lighter and leaning toward more of a gray hue. Here are the in-game results:
Male:
Female:

Work on the Zoopedia has begun and I am looking into coding the macaw to have a personality. Slowly but surely the release is nearing!

more_horiz
It is looking good @silverwren .

more_horiz
Any updates?

more_horiz
Not really, I'm still trying to iron out a few bugs. But as soon as I can take care of them, it will be ready for release.

more_horiz
The gray parrot looks cool!

more_horiz
How is the egg laying coding coming along? Would it have more than one egg?

more_horiz
So far I haven't touched the egg coding beyond the size of the egg. It currently only lays one egg. Should I maybe see about bumping that up to 2? I don't want to do too many or it will likely over-populate an enclosure fairly fast.

more_horiz
One will be fine.

more_horiz
I am back to work on the parrot, and I really do hope to have it finished soon. I ended up starting the coding over again because I was having trouble and weird problems. I nearly have the adult animals worked out and there are some behaviors that I will just be dropping from my plans at least for now. An example is the personalities. I may release updated versions in the future and perhaps one of those will have the personality coding once I work out how to do that. Right now, I am working on fixing issues with the baby birds such as their inability to move faster than a snail. I am also trying to add flocking behavior which actually works like the herding coding where the animals tell you that they are going to join a group. So far I keep getting birds that will gather into a group but it doesn't say why and doesn't fulfill the social needs. If I can't get that to work, then it too will be added as something for a future update if I can ever get it to work.

more_horiz
Progress has finally been made! Finally the flocking coding is working so I have a few more things to try tweaking here and there to see if I can get them to work and then the parrot will be ready for release!

more_horiz
That is great news!

more_horiz
It looks amazing! Excellent work there! Smile

more_horiz
What biome have you picked for it?

more_horiz
I've chosen tropical rainforest for it, with Brazil for the world location.

more_horiz
@silverwren wrote:
I've chosen tropical rainforest for it, with Brazil for the world location.

Sounds good.  Are you coding it for RR biomes?

more_horiz
No, at least not for now. It is compatible with RR. But I want it to work for those without the RR biomes. Maybe I will try making an RR biomes coded one but for now I thought simpler was better.

more_horiz
Well, I've updated the skin for the male slightly. It no longer has the jagged, pixely edges. I am also looking into making two versions, one to work with the Radical Remake biomes and one that doesn't require RR.

Here is the updated male:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum